ANZ Business leaders survey:
The outlook for Australian workplaces post-2020
In early 2020, the global COVID-19 pandemic forced Australian business leaders to ruthlessly prioritise business continuity through an almost universal shift to remote working. As 2020 draws to a close and the world adjusts to the reality of life with a new virus in our communities, many leaders are now looking ahead to solve two core challenges.
First, how to develop safe, viable strategies for returning some, if not all, employees to traditional workplaces. Secondly, structuring how work will actually work in 2021 and beyond.
The Morgan Young team spent August and September of 2020 surveying Australian business leaders by phone, email and COVID-safe one-to-one meetings to better understand how local executives see the outlook for Australian workplaces beyond 2021.
Our survey explored:
- changes to employee productivity and engagement from widespread remote working
- the ways in which organisations are handling the impact to employee well-being and mental health of prolonged remote work
- the realities of hiring and on-boarding during COVID-19
- how leaders are planning a COVID-safe return to work, and the related challenges
- the likely profile of each respondent’s workplace post 2020
- how the future of work is evolving in the respondent’s industry.
We learned that while it’s still business out there, it’s far from usual.
Download a complimentary copy of our ANZ Business leaders survey: The outlook for Australian workplaces post-2020 to explore our survey results in details or contact us for more information.